Russian billionaires have grown rich by $ 70.73 billion since mid-March 2020, or 5 trillion rubles. Forbes reports. The condition has been estimated since March 18, which is considered one of the worst days in global markets during the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
The number of dollar billionaires in Russia during the pandemic exceeded 100 people, at least 2 billionaires were added.
List of the most successful Russian billionaires during the pandemic
Leonid Boguslavsky and Suleiman Kerimov doubled their wealth and became the leaders of the list.
The first on the list was Leonid Boguslavsky (creator of the RTP Global fund): his revenues grew 1.88 times, from $ 1.5 billion to $ 2.8 billion. He made a fortune by stocking a developer named DataDog, which gives customers control over the cloud storage they use. Boguslavsky owns 8.2% of the shares. During the pandemic, the demand for Internet technologies increased, and the company's share price tripled from March 18 to July 20.
In second place is Suleiman Kerimov and his family, who own 78.6% of the shares of the largest gold mining company in Russia, Polyus, and the Makhachkala international airport. Kerimov became 1.86 times richer, from $ 10 billion to $ 18.6 billion, thanks to the shares of Polyus. The price of gold and silver on world markets has been growing since the beginning of the pandemic, and after it the price of shares of companies mining precious metals has been growing.
In third place, the richest Russians in the pandemic are Arkady Volozh, who owns 10% of Yandex. His fortune has grown from 1.2 billion to 2.1 billion, or 1.75 times, thanks to the appreciated shares of "Yandex". Yandex shares rose in price after news of the buyout of Sberbank's stake in Yandex.Market, and the inclusion of Yandex shares in the international MSCI Russia index used by investors to compile portfolios. As a result, Yandex shares during this period repeatedly renewed their historical maximum value.
4. Oleg Tinkov (40.4% of TCS Group) - his fortune increased by 63%, from 1.6 billion to 2.6 billion dollars;
5. Vladimir Yevtushenkov (59.2% of AFK Sistema - MTS communications operator, Detsky Mir retailer, Medsi network of clinics) - his assets rose by 53%, from $ 1.5 billion to $ 2.3 billion;
6. Vladimir Bogdanov (stake in Surgutneftegaz). Like all oil workers, he lost a lot after the two-fold drop in oil prices, but since March 18, after the resumption of the rise in oil prices, it has become 1.5 times richer, from $ 1.3 billion to $ 1.97 billion;
7. Nikolai Buinov (64% of the Irkutsk Oil Company) - became 1.5 times richer after the rise in oil prices - his assets rose from 1.4 billion to 2.1 billion dollars;
8. Valentin Gapontsev (about 23% of IPG Photonics, laser production) increased his fortune from $ 1.6 billion to $ 2.3 billion;
9. Albert Shigabutdinov (TAIF petrochemical group) got rich 440 million dollars, or 44%, to 1.44 billion.
List of the richest in the world 2020
In the first place of the richest in the world - Jeff Bezos ($ 189 billion, founder of Amazon), then - Bernard Arnault ($ 115 billion, French businessman, head of Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy), Bill Gates ($ 113.4 billion, Microsoft founder) , Mark Zuckerberg ($ 90.3 billion, founder of Facebook).
During the pandemic, Elon Musk first entered the top five richest people in the world 2020 with a fortune of $ 74.2 billion according to the Forbes Real-Time rating, which every minute takes into account the value of all assets of rich people - securities, real estate and other investments.